Dogging Training aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake dogging work in a range of working environments.
On completion, candidates will be able to competently undertake
- a range of slinging techniques;
- select and inspect lifting gear and equipment;
- direct crane operators in the safe movement and placement of loads including out of view of the crane operator.
The course also covers:
- applicable legislations and standards;
- risk management procedures relating to lifting operations;
- crane types,
- uses and characteristics;
- crane set up and other elements of crane and dogging operations.
Duration: 12-24 months*
*Duration may vary depending on learner's circumstances and previous experience.