Designed for workers currently in working or seeking progressive employment opportunities in the welding industry, this course will enhance your skills in welding and knowledge of materials and building code requirements, while undergoing GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW (Advanced Welding) Training. You can only enrol into one welding process at a time – you can choose from; Stick, MIG, TIG, or Flux-cored arc welding. You will learn to weld in a horizontal, vertical up and the overhead position, whilst adhering to Australia Standards 1554.1 at the structural purpose level.
You will receive a Statement of Attainment upon completion of this course. If you wish to undertake the full qualification, you will receive recognition of units completed.
GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW Welding (Advanced Welding) Training: 10 Weeks (1 Night Per Week)
Units of Competency
- MEM05016C Perform advanced welding using manual metal arc welding process
- MEM05018C Perform advanced welding using gas metal arc welding process
- MEM05020C Perform advanced welding using gas tungsten arc welding process
- MEM05048B Perform advanced welding using flux core arc welding process
On successful completion of this course you receive a Statement of Attainment.
Units from the correlating intermediate stream, found in in Basic Welding and Intermediate Welding Practical & Theory:
- MEM05015D Weld using manual metal arc welding process
- MEM05017D Weld using gas metal arc welding process
- MEM05049B Perform routine gas tungsten arc welding
- MEM05019D Weld using gas tungsten arc welding process
- MEM05047B Weld using flux core arc welding process.
- Accredited Short Course Welding - OXY Cluster (Short Course)
- Accredited Short Course Welding - GTAW, GMAW, MMAW Welding (Basic Welding) Training Brisbane
- Accredited Short Course Welding - GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW Welding (Intermediate Welding) Training Brisbane
- Welder/Fabrication (Welding Certification Theory)
Are you interested in undertaking GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW Welding (Advanced Welding) Training? For more information about the course or how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 700 080 or you can Apply Online.
GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW Welding (Advanced Welding) Training requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI), you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.