Designed for workers currently in working or seeking progressive employment opportunities in the welding industry, this course will enhance your skills in welding and knowledge of materials and building code requirements while learning skills in GTAW, GMAW, MMAW and FLAW at an intermediate level. You can only train into one welding process at a time – you can choose from; Stick, MIG, TIG, or Flux-cored arc welding. Learn to intermediate welding in a horizontal, vertical up and the overhead position, whilst adhering to Australia Standards 1554.1, at the general purpose level.
Upon successful completion you will be able to continue your training in GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW Welding (Advanced Welding) . You will receive a Statement of Attainment upon completion of this course. If you wish to undertake the full qualification, you will receive recognition of units completed.
Intermediate Welding (GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW) Training: 10 Weeks (1 Night Per Week)
Units of Competency
- MEM05047B Weld using flux core arc welding process
- MEM05019D Weld using gas tungsten arc welding process
- MEM05017D Weld using gas metal arc welding process
- MEM05015D Weld using manual metal arc welding process
On successful completion of Intermediate Welding you will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Course in Basic Welding Practical:
- MEM05049B - perform routine gas tungsten arc welding (TIG - GTAW)
- MEM05050B - perform routine gas metal arc welding (MIG - GMAW) )
- MEM05012C – perform routine manual metal arc welding (Stick – MMAW) )
- Accredited Short Course Welding - OXY Cluster (Short Course)
- Accredited Short Course Welding - GTAW, GMAW, MMAW Welding (Basic Welding) Training Brisbane
- Accredited Short Course Welding - GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW Welding (Advanced Welding) Training Brisbane
- Welder/Fabrication (Welding Certification Theory)
Are you interested in undertaking Intermediate Welding (GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW) Training? For more information about the course or how to apply, email email@example.com or call 1300 700 080 or you can Apply Online.
Intermediate Welding (GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW) Training requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI), you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.