Get skilled for light or heavy metal fabrication in the welding industry and gain working knowledge in GTAW (gas tungsten arc welding), GMAW (gas metal arc welding) & MMAW (manual metal arc welding). Through this welding course you will gain the theoretical knowledge to safely apply welding practices by identifying the risks associated with welding and implementing the correct hazard reduction practices. You will also learn to identify material properties, and develop the ability to select the correct welding process to achieve a safe and effective weld.
This entry level welding course is designed for people who are seeking to enter the welding industry, or who are currently working in the industry. It will provide you with basic practical and theoretical skills to make simple welds in flat or downhand position, and covers Stick, MIG and TIG welding processes. You will receive a Statement of Attainment upon completion of this welding course. If you wish to undertake the full qualification (MEM40105 - Certificate IV in Engineering), you will receive recognition of units completed.
Accelerated Basic Welding Course
Standard Basic Welding Course
- GTAW, GMAW, MMAW Theory: 10 Weeks (1 Night Per Week)
- GTAW, GMAW, MMAW Practical: 10 Weeks (1 Night Per Week)
- Total Duration: 20 Weeks (1 Night Per Week)
Units of Competency
- MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices
- MEM05051A Select welding processes
- MEM05049B Perform routine gas tungsten arc welding
- MEM05050B Perform routine gas metal arc welding
- MEM05012C Perform routine manual metal arc welding
- Accredited Short Course Welding - OXY Cluster (Short Course)
- Accredited Short Course Welding - Intermediate Welding (GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW) Training Brisbane
- Accredited Short Course Welding - Advanced Welding (GTAW, GMAW, MMAW, FLAW) Training Brisbane
- Welder/Fabrication (Welding Certification Theory)
Are you interested in undertaking your Basic Welding Course (GTAW, GMAW, MMAW)? For more information about the welding course or how to apply, email email@example.com or call 1300 700 080 or you can Apply Online.
The Basic Welding Course (GTAW, GMAW, MMAW) requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI), you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.
There are no entry requirements for this welding course.
On successful completion of this course you receive a Statement of Attainment. The units in this welding course form part of MEM40105 - Certificate IV in Engineering.