The Industry Safety Induction (ISI) is a Safer Together training and assessment scheme delivered by Wild Geese International for all new start personnel working on the development or operation of Facilities in the Queensland Natural Gas Exploration and Production Industry. A New Start is anyone who has not worked for at least 12 months within the last 2 years in the Oil and Gas Industry. ISI training does not require completing a formal written examination. Participant assessment will occur through a combination of short quizzes and direct observation by the trainer / assessor of:
- Participation in activities and discussions throughout the course
- Interaction with other participants in small group activities
- Completion of the various quizzes, activities and exercises
Wild Geese International (WGI) joined Site in July 2015, the acquisition of WGI complimented services already delivered by Site and WGI to offer a more complete solution to our clients. Site offers a wide range of courses in various industry’s which can be delivered in any one of our six branches in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Onsite or Online.
WGI can deliver Industry Safety Induction (ISI) training across Queensland utilising Site’s facilities. We will work with clients to minimise operational interruptions and can tailor delivery options specific to your business’s needs.
This course is delivered regularly in partnership with Wild Geese International in Brisbane and Gladstone.
Additionally this course can be delivered in the below locations upon request:
- Brisbane: Dates above
- Chinchilla: 11/9, 9/10, 13/11, 11/12,15/1, 12/2, 12/3, 9/4, 14/4. 11/5, 16/6, 20/7
- Dalby: 12/9, 10/10, 14/11, 12/12, 16/1, 13/2, 13/3, 10/4, 15/5, 12/6, 17/7, 21/8
- Gladstone: 25/9, 30/10, 27/11, 18/12, 29/1, 26/2, 26/3, 30/4, 28/5, 25/6, 30/7, 27/8
- Miles: Enquire for dates
- Moranbah: Enquire for dates
- Roma: 10/9, 8/10, 12/11, 10/12, 14/1, 11/2, 11/3, 8/4, 13/5, 10/6, 15/7, 19/8
- Sunshine Coast: Enquire for dates
- Toowoomba: 13/9, 11/10, 15/11, 13/12, 17/1, 14/2, 14/3, 11/4, 16/5, 13/6, 18/7, 22/8
- Wandoan: Enquire for dates
Wild Geese International will work with clients to schedule programs, on dates and venues specific to client’s needs, including onsite delivery if the above dates and locations are not suitable.
To book your ISI training please contact us at email@example.com or 08 9322 1080.
Each participant must pay or have written authorisation from their employer’s accountable officer to cover their costs before a participant can begin the course.
Payment can be made via eftpos, cash or cheque. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 9322 1080.
Course delivery is dependent on a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 14 participants.
Click Here to find out if your company is a member.
This course is suitable for those who wish to work on the development or operation of Facilities in the Queensland Natural Gas Exploration and Production Industry.
Successful candidates will be eligible to work on the development or operation of Facilities in the Queensland Natural Gas Exploration and Production Industry.
A Certificate of Completion and an ISI card will be issued to participants who are assessed as being competent to work on the development or operation of facilities in the Queensland Natural Gas Exploration and Production Industry.
1. Program Induction
2. Setting the Context: Introduction to the Industry
4. Energy Sources and Related Hazards
5. How do Workers Get Hurt?
6. Assessing Risk
7. Managing Risk
8. Risk Thinking Tools and Systems
9. Right and Duty to Intervene
10. Talking About Safety
11. Program Conclusion and Evaluation
There are no course prerequisites for students participating in the Industry Safety Induction.
Ensure Participants are aware of:
- the main locations and activities associated with the Queensland Natural Gas E&P Industry
- the tools and systems used by the Industry to help manage risk
- their roles and responsibilities as safety leaders within the Industry
- the expectations the Industry places upon workers, with regard to safety, conduct and behaviour.
Ensure Participants are able to recognise:
- the primary hazards and risks found within the Industry
- factors that influence their perception of risk and decision making around risk
- behaviour and conduct that may compromise their safety and the safety of others.
Ensure Participants are able to apply:
- common industry risk management tools and strategies including safety conversations, intervening and stopping the job.
Anybody who has worked in the Queensland Natural Gas Exploration and Production Industry for more than 12 months in the last 2 years can complete an Experienced Worker Declaration Form as evidence that they are not required to complete the ISI prior to starting work. Further information is available at www.safertogether.com.au/isi
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or about how to apply, email email@example.com or call 08 9322 1080.