Safer Together and the Queensland Natural Gas E&P Industry has recently implemented the Common Industry Competencies (CIC) Standard. This standard will enhance the safety competency of all personnel in the industry whilst driving consistency and cost efficiency to recognise standards of competency for industry workers.
Starting 1 July, 2017, the requirements defined in the CIC Standard will apply to all facilities in the Queensland Natural Gas E&P Industry.
This package course contains the below 6 units of competency. These courses may not run consecutively.
Confined Spaces - Refresher required every 3 years
Confined Space Training Brisbane aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and competently enter and work in confined spaces. Training and assessment is compliant with AS2865 including but not limited to:
- Applicable legislations and company confined space procedures
- Definitions and types of confined spaces
- Hazard identification and risk management procedures
- Hazardous atmospheres including gas monitoring techniques
- Isolation, purging, ventilation; permits and authority
- Roles and responsibilities of team including standby
- Rescue equipment and procedures
- Industry case studies
Gas Test Atmospheres - Refresher required every 3 years
Employing the correct detection and monitoring techniques of potentially hazardous gases is a crucial aspect of entering and working in confined spaces or other applicable environments.
This course aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake testing and sampling of hazardous environments, including:
- types and selection of gas detectors,
- sampling regimes and techniques,
- inspections and maintenance,
- calibration and bump tests,
- risk management when sampling,
- gas types,
- characteristics and toxicity,
- lower and upper explosive limits,
- company gas testing procedures and applicable legislation.
Operate Breathing Apparatus - Refresher required every year
This program aims to provide candidates with the necessary skills to safely wear Breathing Apparatus in a hazardous or toxic environment. The course covers the following:
- Equipment and pre-donning inspections
- Correct donning of breathing apparatus
- Operate breathing apparatus
- Move and search in a reduced visibility environment - smoke, dust, darkness
- Communication procedures and the use of control tally boards
- Use of Breathing Apparatus in emergencies and/or first response situations
- Cleaning, maintenance and storage of Breathing Apparatus
CPR - Refresher required every year
CPR - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation course looks at the application of compressions and rescue breathing when a person is unresponsive and breathing abnormally. This course covers CPR to sustain brain function and life until medical support arrives. This course follows ARC guidelines.
First Aid - Refresher required every 3 years
This provides the participants with the skills and knowledge to confidently manage emergency situations, providing care for the ill or injured until medical aid arrives. The course includes CPR.
It is suitable to both people in workplaces and members of the public who want training in first aid. All components of the course are written to the ARC guidelines.
Work at Heights - Refresher required every 3 years
This training is aimed at providing candidates with the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake work at heights safely and competently, covering selection, inspection and safe use of equipment, risk management, and requirements of relevant Australian Standards, company procedures and legislation.