This training package includes both RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces and MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus. Courses may not run consecutively.
Confined Space Training
Confined Spaces Training aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and competently enter and work in confined spaces. Training and assessment is compliant with AS2865 including but not limited to:
- Applicable legislations and company confined space procedures
- Definitions and types of confined spaces
- Hazard identification and risk management procedures
- Hazardous atmospheres including gas monitoring techniques
- Isolation, purging, ventilation; permits and authority
- Roles and responsibilities of team including standby
- Rescue equipment and procedures
- Industry case studies
Operate Breathing Apparatus Training
This program aims to provide candidates with the necessary skills to safely wear Breathing Apparatus in a hazardous or toxic environment. The course covers the following:
- Equipment and pre-donning inspections
- Correct donning of breathing apparatus
- Operate breathing apparatus
- Move and search in a reduced visibility environment - smoke, dust, darkness
- Communication procedures and the use of control tally boards
- Use of Breathing Apparatus in emergencies and/or first response situations
- Cleaning, maintenance and storage of Breathing Apparatus
Verification of Competency
Enter and Work in Confined Spaces and Operate Breathing Apparatus Training Verification of Competencies can be delivered on-site and at our training facility. For more information, please contact the facility, or view our VOC page.
VIEW OUR OTHER CONFINED SPACES TRAINING OPTIONS
VIEW OUR OTHER OPERATE BREATHING APPARATUS TRAINING OPTIONS
See courses below that you may be interested in:
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course unless the Payment Plan option is selected. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500, with the balance to be paid upon commencement of the course.
A Payment Plan option is available for this course, please visit the Payment Plans Page for more information.
Payment for this course can be made via eftpos, cash, cheque or the Payment Plan option above. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 700 080.
Upon successful completion of these units a Statement of Attainment will be issued.
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or how to apply, email email@example.com or call 07 3177 9912 or you can Apply Online.
Confined Spaces Training is appropriate for those working in or wishing to work in confined spaces (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections and also is appropriate for those performing sentry or stand-by person roles, at worksites within:
Training and assessment is conducted at the Site Skills Training facility 1 Nestor Drive, Meadowbrook Logan 4131. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable infrastructure and industry training facilities.
Units of Competency
RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus
Enter and Work in Confined Spaces Training forms part of:
- RII30915 - Certificate III in Civil Construction
- RII32015 - Certificate III in Drilling Oil/Gas (On shore)