Introduction to Gas Transmission Pipeline Operations is an essential introductory course (ID 970) that provides an overview of high pressure gas transmission pipelines.
This course is generally site-based and includes:
- an overview of inlet stations,
- scraper stations,
- compressor stations and meter stations,
- including basic information on:
- hydrocarbon properties,
- pipeline components,
- gas analysis,
- SCADA and control systems,
- process and instrumentation diagrams,
- corrosion control,
- gas filtration,
- compression and rotating equipment,
- field communications and journey planning.
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500, with the balance to be paid upon commencement of the course.
Payment can be made via eftpos, cash or cheque. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email email@example.com or call 1300 700 080.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded a course completion certificate.
They will gain knowledge on the following:
- Describe the construction of a high pressure gas transmission pipeline
- Describe the functions of typical components on gas pipeline facilities
- Describe the properties of hydrocarbons and basics of hydrocarbons processing
- Explain the principles of operation of typical pipeline instruments, monitoring and control systems, including SCADA
- Explain the principles of operation of gas analysis systems including moisture analysers, gas chromatographs, densitometers, calorimeters
- Explain the principles of pipeline pigging
- Explain the principles of pipeline gas compression
- Explain the principles of corrosion control
- Interpret process and instrumentation diagrams for a pipeline facility
- Demonstrate use of pipeline communications equipment (optional)
- Demonstrate preparing a journey plan and pre-start preparation for a trip (optional)
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3177 9912 or you can Apply Online.
This course is ideally suited for all employees working on gas transmission pipelines and facilities.
Training and assessment is conducted at Site Skills Training facility 1 Nestor Drive, Meadowbrook, Logan 4131. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable infrastructure and industry training facilities.
There are no prerequisites for the course
Licensing regulations are not applicable.
There is no recognition of prior learning for this unit.