Load and Unload Plant gives candidates the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently load and unload plant on floats and/or trailers. With the Chain of Responsibility laws putting onus on all within the supply chain it is important for road user’s safety that plant and equipment is loaded and secured appropriately.
Load and Unload Plant content includes:
- Operational safety and risk management
- Calculating weights and volumes; centre of gravity
- Movement of different types of plant on and off float/trailer
- Placing and securing loads - including types and limitations of restraints
- Hand signals and communication methods
- Reporting/hand-over requirements
Verification of Competency
Verification of Competencies can be delivered on-site and at our training facility. For more information, please contact the facility, or view our VOC page.
Upon successful completion of the unit a Statement of Completion will be issued.
Load and Unload Plant training is suitable for anyone required to load and unload plant onto a float or trailer.
Load and unload plant training and assessment is conducted at the Site Skills Training facility 72-80 Belgravia St, Belmont, Perth 6104. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable infrastructure and industry training facilities.
There are no prerequisites for Load and Unload Plant, although it is expected candidates are competent in operating the various types of plant and equipment to be loaded/unloaded.
- RIIHAN308E - Load and unload plant
There is no recognition of prior learning for this unit.