Basic Hydraulics (Hydraulics 1) provides candidates with a knowledge and understanding of hydraulic principles, components, symbols and circuit diagrams. This includes:
- Hydraulic actuators – linear actuators, rotary actuator motors, hydraulic actuator calculations
- Hydraulic pumps – gear pumps, vane pumps, piston pumps
- Hydraulic control valves – directional control valves, check valves, flow control valves
- Hydraulic pressure control valves - relief, unloading, sequence, counterbalance, brake, pressure reducing valves
- Appropriate calculations
- Fault finding
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500, with the balance to be paid upon commencement of the course.
Payment can be made via eftpos, cash or cheque. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email email@example.com or call 1300 700 080.
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 8947 5050 or you can Apply Online.
Basic Hydraulics (Hydraulics 1) Training requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI) , you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.
This unit is for persons with mechanical and/or electrical trade background that are seeking to improve their skills and knowledge of hydraulic systems.
Training and assessment is conducted at the Site Skills Training facility 1 Campion Rd, East Arm, NT 0820. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable infrastructure and industry training facilities.
In order to receive the Statement of Attainment for Basic Hydraulics you must already have obtained the following units:
- MEM09002B – Interpret technical drawing
- MEM12023A – Perform engineering instruments
- MEM18001C – Use hand tools
- MEM18002B – Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM18003C – Use tools for precision work
- MEM18006B – Repair and fit engineering components
- MEM18055B - Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
OR the equivalent which includes a certificate in:
- Mechanical Trade
- Boiler Making/Welding
You are still eligible to attend the Basic Hydraulics Course if you do not hold any of the above-mentioned units or certificates but will only receive a Statement of Attendance. This will enable you to continue onto the Hydraulics 2 course as well.
Licensing regulations are not applicable.
There is no recognition of prior learning for Basic Hydraulics (Hydraulics 1).
Units of Competency
MEM18020B Maintain hydraulic system components
Hydraulic systems are incorporated into many types of industrial machines and equipment. A knowledge of hydraulics is essential in the maintenance and repair of mechanical systems.