The RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations qualification reflects the role of employees such as production operators in an open cut mine or quarry, who perform tasks involving a broad range of skilled applications in a varied work context, using some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this qualification can vary between states, territories, and industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the qualification.
*Duration may vary depending on learner's circumstances and previous experience.
This qualification is completely funded by the Northern Territory Training Entitlement (NTTE), please contact the facility to find out more.
Students who wish to enrol into this qualification must meet the following criteria:
- permanent resident of the Northern Territory (NT)
- are an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a visa without work or study restrictions; or are a New Zealand citizen who has lived in Australia for over six months
- are at least 18 years old and have left school
RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 8947 5050 or you can Apply Online.
This unit is suitable for those who wish to work in in the resource sector.
Training and Assessment is conducted at the Site Skills Training Facility 1 Campion Rd, East Arm, NT 0822 and Civil operations onsite details confirmed at enrolment. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable infrastructure and industry training facilities.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of endorsement.
RPL may be available for candidates with previous industry experience.
Units of Competency
- RIIENV201D Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns C
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures C
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes C
- RIICOM301D Communicate information
- BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity
- RIIMEX302D Assess ground conditions
- RIISAM202D Isolate and access plant
- RIIMPO304D Conduct wheel loader operations
- RIIMPO301D Conduct hydraulic excavator operations
- RIIVEH305E Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
- RIIQUA201D Maintain and monitor site quality standards
- RIIHAN311E Conduct operations with integrated tool
- RIIWHS301D Conduct safety and health investigations
This pathway may lead to the following employment opportunities:
- Bogger Operator
- Dredge Operator
- Excavator Operator
- Face Loader Operator
- Grader Operator
- Dump Truck Operator
- Mobile Plant Operator
- Open-cut Coal Miner
- Plant Service and Maintenance Operator (Quarry)
- Quarry Equipment Operator
- Quarry Mobile Equipment Operator
- Quarry Operations Leading Hand
- Quarry Processing Plant Operator
- Scraper Operator
- Senior Open Cut Coal Miner
- Shotfirer’s Assistant
- Water Cart Operator
- Weighbridge Operator
Successful candidates will be eligible to apply employment in the resource sector.