The BSB51315 Diploma in WHS is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the Work Health and Safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
*Duration may vary depending on learner's circumstances and previous experience.
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety training and assessment is conducted on-site at the Site Skills Training Darwin. Applicants must have successfully completed the Core Units from the BSB41415 Certificate IV Work Health and Safety prior to commencing the Diploma.
Delivery consists of pre-course reading and familiarisation assessments, face to face delivery and self-paced assessments/assignments completed over a period of up to 12 months.
Our Darwin facility is at 1 Campion Rd, East Arm, NT 0822 and training can be delivered on-site/client premises.
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course unless the Payment Plan option is selected. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500. The balance of fees payable will be charged at a point in the course that is proportionate to the amount of the deposit paid, e.g. a 10-day course costing $3,000, the remaining $1,500 will be charged at the end of day 5 (upon completion of 50% of the course).
A Payment Plan option is available for this course, please visit the Payment Plans Page for more information.
Payment for this course can be made via eftpos, cash, cheque or the Payment Plan option above. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email email@example.com or call 1300 700 080.
Upon successful completion of this course a nationally recognised Certificate will be issued for BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
Where applicable, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be issued for partial completion of this qualification and will include successfully completed units of competency.
Successful candidates will be able to return to their workplace with national accreditation, thus being in a position to add value to their PCBU through the skills and knowledge attained during this training.
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety Training (WHS)? For more information about the course or how to apply, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 8947 5050 or you can Apply Online.
To be issued with a Certificate of Statement of Attainment a Unique Student Identifier (USI) . You can still complete the training without a USI, however Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.
Individuals wanting to develop higher level skills and knowledge in operating within or developing organisational safety systems. The BSB51315 Diploma in Work Health and Safety will suit those seeking to contribute to organisational work health and safety, change career direction or increase employment opportunities across a range of industries.
All core units BSB41415 Certificate IV Work Health and Safety (WHS) or equivalent competencies must be successfully completed prior to commencement of the Diploma.
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
Yes - to find out more speak to our trained staff.
- BSBOHS501B Participate in the coordination and maintenance of a systematic approach to managing OHS
- BSBOHS502B Participate in the Management of the OHS information and data systems
- BSBOHS503B Assist in the design and development of OHS participative arrangements
- BSBOHS504B Apply principles of OHS risk management
- BSBOHS505C Manage Hazards in the work environment
- BSBOHS506B Monitor and facilitate the management of hazards associated with plant
- BSBOHS507B Facilitate the application of principles of occupational health to control OHS risk
- BSBOHS508B Participate in the investigation of incidents
- BSBSUS501A Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
Units of Competency
- BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
- BSBWHS504 Manage WHS hazards and risks
- BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
Completion of the BSB51315 Diploma in Work Health and Safety combined with suitable experience provides the opportunity to become a supervisor/manager or WHS Co-Ordinator/Supervisor/manager. It may enhance you opportunities when seeking to change careers or to step up to higher level positions within organisations.
Participants who are successful in this course may seek to undertake BSB60615 Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety.