Forklift Training aims to give participants hands on practical skills and knowledge in the safe and efficient operation of a counter-balance forklift. Participants will gain an understanding of applicable legislations:
- Forklift types and uses
- Load charts
- Load types and characteristics
- Lifting attachment types and uses
- Be able to plan work and manage risks
- Pre and post start checks
- Safe driving techniques
- Forklift stability
- Shift and maneuver a variety of loads
- Shutdown procedures and associated paperwork.
Verification of Competency
Forklift Verification of Competencies can be delivered on-site and at our training facility. For more information, please contact the facility, or view our VOC page.
See courses below that you may be interested in:
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course unless the Payment Plan option is selected. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500, with the balance to be paid upon commencement of the course.
A Payment Plan option is available for this course, please visit the Payment Plans Page for more information.
Payment for this course can be made via eftpos, cash, cheque or the Payment Plan option above. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email email@example.com or call 1300 700 080.
Upon successful completion of this unit a Statement of Attainment will be issued.
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in Forklift Training? For more information about the course or how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 8947 5050 or you can Apply Online.
Forklift Training requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI) , you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.
Forklift Training is suitable for those who wish to operate a forklift truck within the Resources, Construction, Transport and retail industries.
Training and assessment is conducted at Site Skills Training Darwin facility at 1 Campion Rd, East Arm, NT 0822.
Upon arrangement, Site Skills Training can deliver and assess on-site forklift courses in the Northern Territory, for companies and group bookings. Onsite and regional forklift courses in the Northern Territory may be dependent on ability to utilise client facilities and having the necessary training aids. To discuss this further, please call us on 08 8947 5050.
Onsite Forklift Training in the Northern Territory can be delivered at most locations including:
- Forklift Course Alice Springs
- Forklift Course Tennant Creek
- Forklift Course Katherine
- Forklift Course Nhulunbuy
- Forklift Course Palmerston
- Forklift Course Maningrida
- Forklift Course Gunbalanya
- Forklift Course Gapuwiyak
- Forklift Course Ramingining
- Forklift Course Wadeye
- Forklift Course Milingimbi
- Forklift Course Yuendumu
- Forklift Course Hermannsburg
- Forklift Course Borroloola
- Forklift Course Ngukurr
- Forklift Course Yirrkala
- Forklift Course Papunya
- Forklift Course Galiwin’ku
- Forklift Course Numbulwar
- Forklift Course Lajamanu
- Forklift Course Elliott
- Forklift Course Nguiu
- Forklift Course Ali Curung
- Forklift Course Angurugu/Umbakuma
- Forklift Course Daguragu/Kalkarindgi
Although there are no set training prerequisites, NT WorkSafe will only issue a High Risk Work Licence to persons who meet the following criteria:
- The person successfully completes an approved VET course (for the class of licence being sought) with a Registered Training Organisation
- The person MUST be a resident of the Northern Territory, or
- The person MUST provide a letter from their employer that they are a Fly In / Fly Out worker on a Mine Site in the Northern Territory
Failure to meet these criteria will result in the person NOT being issued with a High Risk Work Licence in the Northern Territory.
Applicants are only eligible to apply for a Work Safe NT Licence, once they are 18 years of age and have completed the final assessment. A High Risk Work (HRW) photographic licence is issued for a period of five (5) years starting on the date of issue of the first HRW licence class endorsed on the licence.
There is no recognition of prior learning for this unit
Units of Competency
TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck
Forklift Trucks are used across a range of industries including building and construction, horticulture, civil and resource industries, retail and warehousing
Forklift Training can be accredited towards the nationally recognised qualification TLI31610 Certificate III in Warehousing
Standard Course: 8
Night Class: 8
Weekend Course: 6