This course enables employees to work safely and competently at custody transfer/meter stations.
The course provides a hands-on site-based learning experience for operators and maintainers of gas receipt stations, typically at mine sites and power stations.
This course includes:
- an overview of gas transmission pipelines,
- gas safety,
- gas testing,
- pipeline components,
- instrument/ electrical,
- SCADA and control systems,
- process and instrumentation diagrams,
- filter vessel operation,
- water bath heater operation,
- pressure reduction system operation,
- fuel gas system overview and gas system emergency response.
Customisation consultancy may be required for this course.
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course unless the Payment Plan option is selected. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500. The balance of fees payable will be charged at a point in the course that is proportionate to the amount of the deposit paid, e.g. a 10-day course costing $3,000, the remaining $1,500 will be charged at the end of day 5 (upon completion of 50% of the course).
A Payment Plan option is available for this course, please visit the Payment Plans Page for more information.
Payment for this course can be made via eftpos, cash, cheque or the Payment Plan option above. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 700 080.
- Describe the properties and hazards associated with hydrocarbons and natural gas
- Explain the principles of operation of typical pipeline instruments, monitoring and control systems, including SCADA
- Explain the principles of operation of filter vessels, water bath heaters and pressure reduction systems
- Demonstrate isolation, preparation for maintenance and reinstatement of filter vessels, water bath heaters and pressure reduction systems
- Interpret process and instrumentation diagrams for a gas receipt facility
- Demonstrate use of gas testing equipment
- Describe the normal gas flow path at the gas receipt facility
- Describe potential abnormal operating conditions and possible sources of emergencies
- Respond to a gas-related emergency at the gas receipt facility according to company procedures
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or how to apply, email email@example.com or call 08 8947 5050 or you can Apply Online.
High Pressure Gas Receipt Facility Safety Competency requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI) , you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.
This course is suitable for all operators and maintainers of fuel gas inlet systems at mine sites, power stations or any gas receipt stations.
This course is conducted at a Site Skills Training facility. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted onsite at the premises of industry clients.
There are no prerequisites for the course
Licensing regulations are not applicable.
There is no recognition of prior learning for this unit.
Units of Competency
This course complies with the requirements of some national competency standard units within the PMA and/or UEG training packages. For more information please contact us.
In partial completion of qualification:
- Certificate III in Process Plant Operations
- Certificate IV in Gas Supply Industry Operations