Introduction to Gas Transmission Pipeline Operations is an essential introductory course (ID 970) that provides an overview of high pressure gas transmission pipelines.
This course is generally site-based and includes:
- an overview of inlet stations,
- scraper stations,
- compressor stations and meter stations,
- including basic information on:
- hydrocarbon properties,
- pipeline components,
- gas analysis,
- SCADA and control systems,
- process and instrumentation diagrams,
- corrosion control,
- gas filtration,
- compression and rotating equipment,
- field communications and journey planning.
See courses below that you may be interested in:
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course unless the Payment Plan option is selected. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500. The balance of fees payable will be charged at a point in the course that is proportionate to the amount of the deposit paid, e.g. a 10-day course costing $3,000, the remaining $1,500 will be charged at the end of day 5 (upon completion of 50% of the course).
A Payment Plan option is available for this course, please visit the Payment Plans Page for more information.
Payment for this course can be made via eftpos, cash, cheque or the Payment Plan option above. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 700 080.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded a course completion certificate.
They will gain knowledge on the following:
- Describe the construction of a high pressure gas transmission pipeline
- Describe the functions of typical components on gas pipeline facilities
- Describe the properties of hydrocarbons and basics of hydrocarbons processing
- Explain the principles of operation of typical pipeline instruments, monitoring and control systems, including SCADA
- Explain the principles of operation of gas analysis systems including moisture analysers, gas chromatographs, densitometers, calorimeters
- Explain the principles of pipeline pigging
- Explain the principles of pipeline gas compression
- Explain the principles of corrosion control
- Interpret process and instrumentation diagrams for a pipeline facility
- Demonstrate use of pipeline communications equipment (optional)
- Demonstrate preparing a journey plan and pre-start preparation for a trip (optional)
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or how to apply, email email@example.com or call 08 8947 5050 or you can Apply Online.
This course is ideally suited for all employees working on gas transmission pipelines and facilities.
Training and assessment is conducted on-site at the Site Skills Training Darwin. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable industry training facilities.
Our Darwin facility is at 1 Campion Rd, East Arm, NT 0822 and training can be delivered on-site/client premises.
There are no prerequisites for the course
Licensing regulations are not applicable.
There is no recognition of prior learning for this unit.