Introduction to Gas Transmission Pipeline Operations is an essential introductory course (ID 970) that provides an overview of high pressure gas transmission pipelines.
This course is generally site-based and includes:
- an overview of inlet stations,
- scraper stations,
- compressor stations and meter stations,
- including basic information on:
- hydrocarbon properties,
- pipeline components,
- gas analysis,
- SCADA and control systems,
- process and instrumentation diagrams,
- corrosion control,
- gas filtration,
- compression and rotating equipment,
- field communications and journey planning.
See courses below that you may be interested in:
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded a course completion certificate.
They will gain knowledge on the following:
- Describe the construction of a high pressure gas transmission pipeline
- Describe the functions of typical components on gas pipeline facilities
- Describe the properties of hydrocarbons and basics of hydrocarbons processing
- Explain the principles of operation of typical pipeline instruments, monitoring and control systems, including SCADA
- Explain the principles of operation of gas analysis systems including moisture analysers, gas chromatographs, densitometers, calorimeters
- Explain the principles of pipeline pigging
- Explain the principles of pipeline gas compression
- Explain the principles of corrosion control
- Interpret process and instrumentation diagrams for a pipeline facility
- Demonstrate use of pipeline communications equipment (optional)
- Demonstrate preparing a journey plan and pre-start preparation for a trip (optional)
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in this course? For more information about the course or how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 8947 5050 or you can Apply Online.
This course is ideally suited for all employees working on gas transmission pipelines and facilities.
Training and assessment is conducted on-site at the Site Skills Training Darwin. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable industry training facilities.
Our Darwin facility is at 1 Campion Rd, East Arm, NT 0822 and training can be delivered on-site/client premises.
There are no prerequisites for the course
Licensing regulations are not applicable.
There is no recognition of prior learning for this unit.