Introduction to Gas Pipeline Engineering (ID 288) is an essential introductory course that provides an overview of pipeline engineering. This course includes an overview of petroleum geology, reservoir and well equipment, extracting and processing, pipeline facilities, hydrocarbon properties, AS2885, statutory requirements overview, pipeline components, gas analysis, SCADA and control systems, process and instrumentation diagrams, pigging, corrosion control, gas compression and flow measurements.
After successfully completing the course, students should be able to:
- Explain the principles of petroleum geology, extraction and processing
- Describe the functions of typical components on gas pipeline facilities
- Describe the properties of hydrocarbons and basics of hydrocarbons processing
- Explain the principles of operation of typical pipeline instruments, monitoring and control systems (incl. SCADA)
- Explain the principles of operation of gas analysis systems including moisture analysers, gas chromatographs, densitometers, calorimeters
- Explain the principles of pigging
- Explain the principles of gas compression
- Explain the principles of rotating equipment, lubrication and bearings
- Explain the principles of corrosion control
- Explain the principles of gas measurement
- Interpret process and instrumentation diagrams for a facility
- Explain the purpose of AS2885 and describe its key parts
See courses below that you may be interested in:
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course unless the Payment Plan option is selected. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500. The balance of fees payable will be charged at a point in the course that is proportionate to the amount of the deposit paid, e.g. a 10-day course costing $3,000, the remaining $1,500 will be charged at the end of day 5 (upon completion of 50% of the course).
A Payment Plan option is available for this course, please visit the Payment Plans Page for more information.
Payment for this course can be made via eftpos, cash, cheque or the Payment Plan option above. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email email@example.com or call 1300 700 080.
The student will gain a broad understanding of the gas pipeline operations from an engineering perspective as well as related sections of the Australian standard, AS2885.
They will be able to describe the key processes from gas extraction to gas transmission and including the operation of various facilities and equipment.
This course provides some of the essential knowledge requirements for nationally accredited qualifications in the PMA training package.
Please refer to our Refund Policy
For further information about onsite training for this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us on 1300 700 080 or Apply Online.
This course is suitable for all engineering and technical pipelines and facilities personnel.
Units of Competency
There are no units of competency for this course.
Technical positions in gas pipeline and facilities.