Operate Breathing Apparatus aims to provide candidates with the necessary skills to safely wear Breathing Apparatus in a hazardous or toxic environment. The course covers the following:
- Equipment and pre-donning inspections
- Correct donning of breathing apparatus
- Operate breathing apparatus
- Move and search in a reduced visibility environment - smoke, dust, darkness
- Communication procedures and the use of control tally boards
- Use of Breathing Apparatus in emergencies and/or first response situations
- Cleaning, maintenance and storage of Breathing Apparatus
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500, with the balance to be paid upon commencement of the course.
Payment can be made via eftpos, cash or cheque. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 700 080.
Upon successful completion of this unit a Statement of Attainment will be issued.
Please refer to our Refund Policy
For further information about onsite training for this course, email email@example.com or you can contact us on 1300 700 080 or Apply Online.
Operate Breathing Apparatus Training requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI) , you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.
This unit is suitable for persons who are required to wear breathing apparatus for entry to confined spaces with potentially toxic environments, and/or may be required to respond to emergency situations.
Units of Competency
- MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus
This program is aimed at personnel in operational roles where there is a requirement to wear breathing apparatus to enter confined spaces, and/or respond to emergency situations.