Basic Hydraulics (Hydraulics 1) provides candidates with a knowledge and understanding of hydraulic principles, components, symbols and circuit diagrams. This includes:
- Hydraulic actuators – linear actuators, rotary actuator motors, hydraulic actuator calculations
- Hydraulic pumps – gear pumps, vane pumps, piston pumps
- Hydraulic control valves – directional control valves, check valves, flow control valves
- Hydraulic pressure control valves - relief, unloading, sequence, counterbalance, brake, pressure reducing valves
- Appropriate calculations
- Fault finding
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500, with the balance to be paid upon commencement of the course.
Payment can be made via eftpos, cash or cheque. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email email@example.com or call 1300 700 080.
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in Basic Hydraulics? For more information about the course or how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 6500 0114 or you can Apply Online.
Basic Hydraulics (Hydraulics 1) Training requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI) , you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.
Basic Hydraulics (Hydraulics 1) is for persons with mechanical and/or electrical trade background that are seeking to improve their skills and knowledge of hydraulic systems.
Basic Hydraulics training and assessment is conducted at the Site Skills Training facility 72-80 Belgravia St, Belmont WA 6104. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable equipment and training facilities.
In order to receive the Statement of Attainment for Basic Hydraulics you must already have obtained the following units:
- MEM09002B – Interpret technical drawing
- MEM12023A – Perform engineering instruments
- MEM18001C – Use hand tools
- MEM18002B – Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM18003C – Use tools for precision work
- MEM18006B – Repair and fit engineering components
- MEM18055B - Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
OR the equivalent which includes a certificate in:
- Mechanical Trade
- Boiler Making/Welding
You are still eligible to attend the Basic Hydraulics Course if you do not hold any of the above-mentioned units or certificates but will only receive a Statement of Attendance. This will enable you to continue onto the Hydraulics 2 course as well.
Units of Competency
MEM18020B Maintain hydraulic system components
Hydraulic systems are incorporated into many types of industrial machines and equipment. A knowledge of hydraulics is essential in the maintenance and repair of mechanical systems.
Basic Hydraulics (Hydraulics 1) forms part of the Nationally Recognised Qualification MEM30505 Certificate III in Engineering