This training package includes both RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces and MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres. Courses may not run consecutively.
Confined Spaces Training
Confined Spaces aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and competently enter and work in confined spaces. Training and assessment is compliant with AS2865 including but not limited to:
- Applicable legislations and company confined space procedures
- Definitions and types of confined spaces
- Hazard identification and risk management procedures
- Hazardous atmospheres including gas monitoring techniques
- Isolation, purging, ventilation; permits and authority
- Roles and responsibilities of team including standby
- Rescue equipment and procedures
- Industry case studies
Gas Test Atmospheres Training
Employing the correct detection and monitoring techniques of potentially hazardous gases is a crucial aspect of entering and working in confined spaces or other applicable environments.
This course aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake testing and sampling of hazardous environments, including:
- types and selection of gas detectors,
- sampling regimes and techniques,
- inspections and maintenance,
- calibration and bump tests,
- risk management when sampling,
- gas types,
- characteristics and toxicity,
- lower and upper explosive limits,
- company gas testing procedures and applicable legislation.
VIEW OUR OTHER CONFINED SPACES TRAINING OPTIONS
VIEW OUR OTHER GAS TEST ATMOSPHERE TRAINING OPTIONS
See courses below that you may be interested in:
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500, with the balance to be paid upon commencement of the course.
Payment can be made via eftpos, cash or cheque. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email email@example.com or call 1300 700 080.
Upon successful completion of these units a Statement of Attainment will be issued.
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in Confined Space Training? For more information about the course or how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 6500 0114 or you can Apply Online.
This training requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI) , you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.
Confined Space Training is appropriate for those working in or wishing to work in confined spaces (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections and also is appropriate for those performing sentry or stand-by person roles, at worksites within:
- Civil Construction
- Coal Mining;
- Extractive Industries
- Metalliferous mining
- General Construction
Gas Test Atmosphere Training is suitable for those who are required to enter and work in confined spaces and hazardous environments.
Training and assessment is conducted at the Site Skills Training facility 72-80 Belgravia St, Belmont, Perth 6104. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable infrastructure and industry training facilities.
There are no course prerequisites.
Units of Competency
RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
The unit of competency issued when completing Confined Space training also form part of:
- RII32015 - Certificate III in Drilling Oil/Gas (On shore)
- RII30915 - Certificate III in Civil Construction