This nationally recognised HV Switching Stage 2 course aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to perform the duties of an authorised High Voltage Switching Coordinator. It covers the following topics:
- Legislation and standards
- Electrical hazards and risk management
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment
- Requirements for working in a high voltage area, including safe approach distances
- Precautions that must be taken when performing high voltage switching
- Switching program writing and coordination
- Permit procedures
Units of Competency
- UEPOPS349B Operate Local H.V. switchgear
- UEPOP357B Operate local L.V. switchgear
- UEPOPS428B Develop H.V. switching programs
- UEPOPS456A Perform switching to a switching program
- UEPOPS525A Coordinate and direct switching program
RPL may be available for candidates with previous industry experience.
This course is suitable for personnel who have already completed the HV Switching Stage 1 course. Moreover, individuals will have achieved some field experience in the practical operation of local high voltgage switchgear. It is also suitable for personnel who will perform the role of an authorised High Voltage Switching Coordinator and Access Technicians within the Electrical industry.
There are no prescribed course requirements for students taking part in this course.
Upon successful completion of these units a Statement of Attainment will be issued for each.
See courses below that you may be intersted in:
- HV Swithing Stage 1
- Hazardous Areas (EEHA) Installation, Maintenance and Detailed Inspection
- UEE42611 Certificate IV in Hazardous Areas – Electrical
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Training and assessment is conducted at the Site Skills Training Perth facility located at 72-80 Belgravia St, Belmont 6104.
Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable infrastructure and industry training facilities.