Introduction to Gas Pipeline Engineering (ID 288) is an essential introductory course that provides an overview of pipeline engineering. This course includes an overview of petroleum geology, reservoir and well equipment, extracting and processing, pipeline facilities, hydrocarbon properties, AS2885, statutory requirements overview, pipeline components, gas analysis, SCADA and control systems, process and instrumentation diagrams, pigging, corrosion control, gas compression and flow measurements.
After successfully completing the course, students should be able to:
- Explain the principles of petroleum geology, extraction and processing
- Describe the functions of typical components on gas pipeline facilities
- Describe the properties of hydrocarbons and basics of hydrocarbons processing
- Explain the principles of operation of typical pipeline instruments, monitoring and control systems (incl. SCADA)
- Explain the principles of operation of gas analysis systems including moisture analysers, gas chromatographs, densitometers, calorimeters
- Explain the principles of pigging
- Explain the principles of gas compression
- Explain the principles of rotating equipment, lubrication and bearings
- Explain the principles of corrosion control
- Explain the principles of gas measurement
- Interpret process and instrumentation diagrams for a facility
- Explain the purpose of AS2885 and describe its key parts
See courses below that you may be interested in:
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500, with the balance to be paid upon commencement of the course.
Payment can be made via eftpos, cash or cheque. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 700 080.
The student will gain a broad understanding of the gas pipeline operations from an engineering perspective as well as related sections of the Australian standard, AS2885.
They will be able to describe the key processes from gas extraction to gas transmission and including the operation of various facilities and equipment.
Introduction to Gas Pipeline Engineering Training provides some of the essential knowledge requirements for nationally accredited qualifications in the PMA training package.
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Are you interested in Introduction to Gas Pipeline Engineering Training? For more information about the course or how to apply, email email@example.com or call 08 6500 0114 or you can Apply Online.
Introduction to Gas Pipeline Engineering is suitable for all engineering and technical pipelines and facilities personnel.
Introduction to Gas Pipeline Engineering training and assessment is conducted on-site at the Site Skills Training Belmont facility located at 72-80 Belgravia Street, Belmont WA 6104. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable industry training facilities.
Yes - please contact Site Skills Training for an RPL kit
Units of Competency
There are no units of competency for Introduction to Gas Pipeline Engineering Training.
Technical positions in gas pipeline and facilities