Confined Spaces Training aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and competently enter and work in confined spaces. Training and assessment is compliant with AS2865 including but not limited to:
- Applicable legislations and company confined space procedures
- Definitions and types of confined spaces
- Hazard identification and risk management procedures
- Hazardous atmospheres including gas monitoring techniques
- Isolation, purging, ventilation; permits and authority
- Roles and responsibilities of team including standby
- Rescue equipment and procedures
- Industry case studies
Verification of Competency
Enter and Work in Confined Spaces Verification of Competencies can be delivered on-site and at our training facility. For more information, please contact the facility, or view our VOC page.
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course unless the Payment Plan option is selected. For courses that cost over $1,500, Site Skills Training will hold an initial deposit of $1,500. The balance of fees payable will be charged at a point in the course that is proportionate to the amount of the deposit paid, e.g. a 10-day course costing $3,000, the remaining $1,500 will be charged at the end of day 5 (upon completion of 50% of the course).
A Payment Plan option is available for this course, please visit the Payment Plans Page for more information.
Payment for this course can be made via eftpos, cash, cheque or the Payment Plan option above. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 700 080.
Upon successful completion of the training and assessment a Statement of Attainment and a wallet card will be issued within seven (7) working days.
Please refer to our Refund Policy
Enter and Work in Confined Spaces Training forms part of:
- RII32009 - Certificate III in Drilling Oil/Gas (On shore)
- Certificate III in Drilling Oil/Gas (On shore)
- RII31709 - Certificate III in Tunnel Construction
- Certificate III in Tunnel Construction
- RII31609 - Certificate III in Trenchless Technology
- Certificate III in Trenchless Technology
- RII31409 - Certificate III in Road Construction and Maintenance
- Certificate III in Road Construction and Maintenance
- RII31309 - Certificate III in Pipe Laying
- Certificate III in Pipe Laying
Enter and Work in Confined Spaces Training Rockhampton requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI) , you can still complete the training without a USI, though Site Skills Training is unable to provide you with your completion certificate until you provided us with your USI. To apply for a free USI visit the USI website or contact our facility.
Confined Spaces Training is appropriate for those working in or wishing to work in confined spaces (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections and also is appropriate for those performing sentry or stand-by person roles, at worksites within:
- Civil Construction
- Coal Mining;
- Extractive Industries
- Metalliferous mining
- General Construction
Training and assessment is conducted on-site at the Site Skills Training Rockhampton. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable industry training facilities.
Our Gladstone facility is at 16 Saleyards Road Gracemere , Rockhampton 4702 and training can be delivered on-site/client premises.
Units of Competency
RIIWHS202D - Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
Enter and Work in Confined Spaces (RII) is designed for persons who are on work sites where there are confined work spaces. This course does not have direct work outcomes.
RTO32531, TGA unit code RIIWHS202D