A high risk work licence is required for certain types of work. This includes, scaffolding, dogging and rigging and operating cranes, hoists, reach stackers, forklifts and pressure equipment.

There are specific laws about doing high risk work safely. There are also general work health and safety laws that will apply to you in any situation, including when doing high risk work.

High risk work licences are valid for five years and recognised nationally: you can work in any state or territory if you have a current HRW licence.

You will need to be trained and assessed by a registered training organisations (RTOs) that is listed on the National Register of Vocational Education and Training (VET), gaining a Statment of Attainment.

Obligations for direct supervision and evidence of licences

You must see written evidence from the worker that they have the relevant high risk work licence for that work.You must ensure direct supervision of your workers, unless the nature or circumstances of a particular task make direct supervision impracticable or unnecessary, and the reduced level of supervision will not place the health or safety of the supervised worker or anyone else at risk.

Please select a facility and course below to view dates and book online.