LOOKING FOR A CONSTRUCTION OR MINING JOB? HERE'S WHAT EMPLOYERS ARE LOOKING FOR.
Published On : 06 Feb 2020
Every 6 months recruitment specialists Hays release a top jobs report to indicate the trends visible in the market and to guide job candidates on the skills that employers are looking for. The industry report covers 32 different industries.
In this article we cover the top jobs for the Resource & Mining and Construction industries in Western Australia.
Western Australia’s mining sector is booming. Rio Tinto, BHP and Fortescue Metals Group are constructing new mines that will create both construction and mining jobs across the state.
Here are the top jobs to look out for:
Resource & Mining
- RC Drillers
- Diamond Drillers
- Field Assistants
- Underground Engineers
- Drill and Blast Operators
- HD Fitters
- Auto Electricians
- Surface Mobile Plan Operators (dump truck operators, all-rounders, excavator operators)
Civil and Commercial Construction
- Experienced Project Engineers
- Project Managers and Supervisors
- Contract Administrators and Estimators (within electrical, mechanic services and commercial construction)
- Project and Construction mangers (commercial)
- Site Managers (for hotels, apartments, shopping centres and mixed-use building projects)
- Experienced Rail Construction Workers
As industries and jobs change, your skills will need to adapt too.
The Site Skills Training Perth facility delivers 135 industry related courses, many of which will give you the skills for the jobs mentioned above.
If you are unsure of which course to take up, speak to one of our specialists. Give them a call on 08 6500 0114 or get in touch with them here.