Site Skills Training launch industry training facility in PNG
Published On : 21 Sep 2018
Last month Site Skills Training launched a new facility in Papua New Guinea (PNG), formerly utilised as the Exxon Mobil Port Moresby Construction Training Facility.
The facility is now operated in partnership with The South Pacific Employment Institute (SPEI), with Site Skills Training the principal training provider for delivery of all training at the facility and onsite throughout PNG.
Located 10 minutes' drive from the Port Moresby CBD, the facility is equipped with the following training facilities:
- Six (6) x two storey accommodation blocks (capacity for 250+ personnel)
- A two storey administration building
- Twelve (12) Classrooms with the capacity for 20 persons per classroom
- Two (2) x fully equipped training workshops (combined 2,500sqm on undercover area)
- Full catering facilities – Trainees mess, laundry, and recreational facilities
- Comprehensive inventory of training equipment
All training at the facility is aligned to AQF standards, with accredited units of competency through to Diploma level qualifications available. Site Skills Training brings substantial training capabilities to the PNG region and can provide training programs to support Mining, Oil & Gas, Construction and related service industries throughout PNG.