Looking for a construction or mining job? Here's what employers are looking for.
Published On : 06 Feb 2020
Recruitment specialists Hays have put together a list of the top jobs they expect to see employers hire for in the first 6 months of 2020 in Queensland. They have reviewed a total of 32 different industries including Resource & Mining and Construction.
The report finds that the Coal and Mineral Processing sectors still have a skills shortage. They predict that qualified and experienced Queenslanders will have plenty of opportunities in the first half of the year.
Here are the top jobs to look out for:
Resource & Mining
- Mining engineers, geotechnical engineers, geologists and surveyors (underground)
- Metallurgists and lab technicians
- Drill and Blast Operators
- Heavy Diesel Fitters
- Dump Truck and All-Round Operators
- Auto Electricians
Civil and Commercial Construction
- Rail Experienced Construction Workers (for the Cross River Rail, Inland Rail and Brisbane Metro projects)
- Contract Administrators
- Site Mangers (experience with $20m+ projects)
- Project Mangers & Directors (experience with $100m+ projects)
- Commercial Estimators
- HVAC Technicians
As industries and jobs change, your skills will need to adapt too.
The Site Skills Training Queensland facilities deliver over 160 industry related courses, many of which will give you the skills for the jobs mentioned above.
If you are unsure of which course to take up, speak to one of our specialists. Give them a call on 07 3177 9912 or get in touch with them here.